expo-IP Messenger Status Update
With the "expo-IP Messenger" function, messages can be exchanged in real time between visitors and exhibitors / contactors. The expo-IP Messenger can be used as a text chat for expo-IP instances.
For each visitor to a stand, a separate chat room with the exhibitor is created when the visitor clicks on the expo-IP Messenger. This guarantees that every visitor - as long as he is on the instance - can communicate with every exhibitor - regardless of where the visitor is on the expo-IP instance. The visitor thus carries the messenger with him like a mobile phone. Creating a chat room causes a load on the expo-IP Messenger server. If several visitors create chat rooms at the same time, this leads to delays that prevent practical use of the messenger.
For this reason, the expo-IP messenger must not be used if it is expected that many users (number depends on various factors) will create chat rooms at the same time.
As a result, the expo-IP Messenger cannot be used as a Q&A platform for e.g. livestreams under any circumstances.
The stress test of 05.04.2022 showed that the expo-IP Messenger cannot yet be rolled out without restrictions.
- Higher tolerance of the visitor client for delayed feedback from the server
- Visitor client must sort chats by relevance (latest on top)
- Exhibitor client must sort chats by relevance (latest on top)
Rollout Release Candidate (1st to 3rd) planned: 19.05.2022
- Change of server infrastructure - planned August 2022
- Provision of group chat rooms - if necessary by the end of 2022